Form Style in wxSmith

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Form Style in wxSmith

Post by Lowkus »

I'm trying to set the form style in wxSmith; I want a fixed border form with a control box at the top left of the form title, disabled maximize button, enabled minimize button, and the close button far right.

When I try to set this up in wxSmith I am finding it impossible because...
1) If I turn on "wxDEFAULT_DIALOG_STYLE", there is no control box.
2) If I turn on "wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE", the "maximize" button is enabled and there appears no way to tell wxSmith to turn OFF the maximize button (unchecking wxMAXIMIZE_BOX has no affect).
3) If I skip using a default style and instead choose "wxCLOSE_BOX", "wxMINIMIZE_BOX", "wxDOUBLE_BORDER", I find that I still run into a problem because there is no "wxCONTROL_BOX" and so the control box is not shown.

How can I set up the form to look the way I want it?
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Form Style in wxSmith

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What do you mean by saying "control box"?
Usually the top left corner of the dialogue is where the application icon is shown, and I'm not sure you can override this behaviour.

Thank you.
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Lowkus »

The application icon dropdown on the top left of the form. There must be some way to show it while simultaneously disabling the form maximize button.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Which OS/toolkit/wx version do you have?
Does it work outside wxSmith when you compile and execute the software?

Thank you.
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Lowkus »

Windows Vista, CodeBlocks + wxSmith, wxWidgets 3.1.0 static individual libraries. The executable works fine except it doesn't have the titlebar options I am trying to achieve.
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Lowkus »

This seems to get it done... wxDEFAULT_DIALOG_STYLE, wxRESIZE_BORDER, wxMINIMIZE_BOX