Problem Exporting Beast To wxWidgets

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Everydaydiesel
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Problem Exporting Beast To wxWidgets

Post by Everydaydiesel »

Thank you so much for helping me. It is working now.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

doublemax wrote:Beware that you're allowed to use GUI elements from inside secondary threads in wxWidgets.
Just for the information, I believe that doublemax made a typo here and the sentence should read "Beware that you're NOT allowed to use GUI elements from inside secondary threads in wxWidgets"
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Indeed, thanks :oops:
Use the source, Luke!
Everydaydiesel
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Everydaydiesel »

Thanks to everyone for helping. I really do appreciate it.

How do I kill the thread when the main window closes. Right now I spin that thread off, then it hangs (waiting for a http response). I would like that thread to end when the window closes.
New Pagodi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by New Pagodi »

Everydaydiesel wrote:Thanks to everyone for helping. I really do appreciate it.

How do I kill the thread when the main window closes. Right now I spin that thread off, then it hangs (waiting for a http response). I would like that thread to end when the window closes.
The thread sample shows one way to do this. The approach used there is to have a bool variable in the app class indicate that the application is shutting down. The threads then check that variable periodically to see if they should terminate.

Also, a semaphore is used in the destructor for the main form to keep it from being destroyed until all threads are terminated.