C::B on Windows. Do you have mediaCtrl icon into wxSmith?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
WXWdan
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

C::B on Windows. Do you have mediaCtrl icon into wxSmith?

Post by WXWdan »

Hello everybody,

I'm relatively new on C::B + wxsmith. I had no issues building and installing C::B+WX in Windows. After some simple code testings I checked everything compile and run nicely. I plan to develop a piece of software for which mediaCtrl is required.

But mediaCtrl icon is not among all available widgets of wxsmith. I'm not sure whether this is a C::B related problem or I missed something when I built wxwidgets.

I assume I'm using best stable versions: C::B 16.01 and WX 3.0.3 (also tried 3.1.0)

This is the command I used to build WX:

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=debug UNICODE=1 USE_OPENGL=1 VENDOR=cb CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"

I also include an image showing all available WX icons in my installation. I can't see mediaCtrl's clapperboard icon anywhere.

I'll be grateful if you can help me. THANK YOU!
Attachments
cbpanes.png
cbpanes.png (59.9 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
eranon
Can't get richer than this

Re: C::B on Windows. Do you have mediaCtrl icon into wxSmith?

Post by eranon »

I don't see the media control in wxSmith too (my C::B is a version of 2016 I patched for some personal, not generic, needs, but chance wxSmith didn't change since this time), but it has nothing to do with the wxWidgets capability. A GUI builder is just an helper tool and is not necessarily exhaustive. In wxSmith, when you want to use a control class that is not directly present in its stock, you simply add a custom control (here, "custom" meaning "unknown by wxSmith, even if known by wxWidgets") using the icon I show you below:
Attachments
snap_0005203.png
snap_0005203.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
WXWdan
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by WXWdan »

Eranon, thank you for your promptly reply. I'm just looking for information based on your advice.

My question was derived from a page where I read about a patch to make mediaCtrl icon to showup (you can actually see a clapperboard icon) but it seems to be quite old by now:
http://wxsmithaddons.sourceforge.net/patches.html

I'll work on your insight.

Thank you! =D>
eranon

Post by eranon »

WXWdan wrote:My question was derived from a page where I read about a patch to make mediaCtrl icon to showup (you can actually see a clapperboard icon) but it seems to be quite old by now:
http://wxsmithaddons.sourceforge.net/patches.html
Hmmm, the link at top of the page is dead, the referenced CodeBlocks forum's thread was in 2010, I'm afraid wxSmith is "definitively" abandoned. Also, I'm a little puzzled about this note I read over there:
This patch has now been partially merged with trunk and is available from Code::Blocks SVN and in nightly builds. wxMediaCtrl is causing problems under Linux and has been omitted until a fix can be found.
How it can be available and omitted at the same time... I guess it was avail, then the last sentence has been added afterward.

However, I used wxSmith for my previous project (still active) and I was happy, but because of this uncertainty about the future (not maintained), I switched to wxGlade for my current project and (despite some bugs - but nothing fatal) it looks good to me; and it works for both C ++ and Python (ie wxPython).
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
WXWdan
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by WXWdan »

Eranon, I'll take all you wrote into account... I'll seek for info about WxGlade.

Thank you!.
eranon

Post by eranon »

stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

wxSmith is not really abandoned; but, wxsmithaddons.sourceforge.net seems to be abandoned.

wxSmith does seems to be in maintenance only support by the Code::Blocks team.
This is because the wxSmith plugin has no person dedicated to support the plugin.

Tim S.