compilling without use lib

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
dkaip
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

compilling without use lib

Post by dkaip »

Hello.
Trying ti link library for run tutorials all gone wrong.
But i find that if insert in project src sources and include headers, all runs ok.
So it is not necessary to make libs.
Have i write?
Jim
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: compilling without use lib

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I realize that English is not your first language, but....
Please try to explain what you mean. In particular - did you build the libraries yourself or use pre-compiled one? Which OS/compiler/toolkit do you use? And finally - what is not working and how? Meaning what results you get and what do you expect?

Thank you.
dkaip
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by dkaip »

My English is very bad, sorry.
Instead of creating a library, I added all the head and source files to the project and everything worked normally.
So I think I do not have to create a library first, just to add all these files to every project.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

For small libraries that's a common way to do. E.g. i just add all wxSQlite3 source files to my project instead of building it as a library. Makes many things much easier.

But having a "normal" Win32 application and adding all wxWidgets source files instead of building it as a library might not be a good idea :)
Use the source, Luke!