What is the ./configure option to enable all libraries except obsolete ones ? Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
tomay3000
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

What is the ./configure option to enable all libraries except obsolete ones ?

Post by tomay3000 »

Hello,
is these such a --enable-all option for ./configure to include/enable all the available libraries of the wxWidgets !?

What are the ones that are not enabled by default ?

I am using wxWidgets v3.1.0 and msys2 under Windows 7 32-bit.

Thank you for your understanding.
eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: What is the ./configure option to enable all libraries except obsolete ones ?

Post by eranon »

By default, wxWidgets will be built according to your setup.h (so, if you absolutely want ALL, you just edit this file and enable all -- all libs, classes, dependencies) and you can override these options passing flags to configure. All the configure parameters can be seen with "configure --help".

Also, some common dependencies can exist in your system (eg. libpng), but you can force wxWidgets to stay self-contained using the "--with-*" options (-eg. --with-libpng=builtin).

But -- and it's the most important --, the most important (I said, it's the most important?) is what wxWidgets components will be linked with your own project. It's there you really decide :mrgreen:
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Re: What is the ./configure option to enable all libraries except obsolete ones ?

Post by stahta01 »

tomay3000 wrote:Hello,
is these such a --enable-all option for ./configure to include/enable all the available libraries of the wxWidgets !?

What are the ones that are not enabled by default ?

I am using wxWidgets v3.1.0 and msys2 under Windows 7 32-bit.

Thank you for your understanding.
The first thing to decide before building, is static or DLL libraries.
The second thing is monolithic or multilib build; for static you should almost always choose multilib.
Since, you are using MSys2, you could also choose to use an MSys2 build package,
in that case I would choose multilib build to match the wxWidgets 3.0 package.
Link to the MSys2 wxWidgets 3.1 package that I am working on.
https://github.com/stahta01/MINGW-packa ... widgets3.1

Tim S.