CB wssmith: update problem between .wxs and .cpp

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
lpx
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

CB wssmith: update problem between .wxs and .cpp

Post by lpx »

I a starter in wxwidgets so I used wxSmith to graphically assist me to build a GUI program. The preview of the Frame and everything on it is saved in a *.wxs file. I notice that editing the *.wxs file(which shows elements graphically) will also have an effect on the main file(.cpp). For instance, adding a button to my frame will automatically add a line that creates a button in the main file. However, it seems like editing the main file does not update the wxs file, namely, if I change the size of a button in the main file, the wxs file does not change. As a consequence, adding a new button in the wxs file will indeed mess up the versions: it will be a wxs file with a new button and the old button before I resize it. But the change in wxs automatically updates my main file, and so the size of the old button changes back.
Is there any special way to update wxs files according to the main file? as compiling the program does not do that.
doublemax

Re: CB wssmith: update problem between .wxs and .cpp

Post by doublemax »

That's a one-way street. If you want to change the size of a button, you'll have to do it in wxSmith. I don't know wxSmith, but usually there are markers in the .cpp file that show where you can put your own code that will not get overwritten by the GUI editor.
Use the source, Luke!
Anaflion
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: CB wssmith: update problem between .wxs and .cpp

Post by Anaflion »

Hello, all!

lpx... And how you resolvd your issue with wxSmith?

I have writes my GUI app with wxSmith and now my AppForm don`t won'ted to update GUI after compinig the application. I don't know where I mast to repire structure of files of project (*.cbp or a *.wxs) for resurrect this approach - of using wxSmith RAD in my project. :(