Error Compiling wxWidgets

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
thimonteiro
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Error Compiling wxWidgets

Post by thimonteiro »

I am starting with graphic interface in c++ and I have chosen wxWidgets and CodeBlocks as IDE. In order to compile wxWidgets, I followed the links below:

https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Using_Makefi ... _wxWidgets
https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Compiling_wx ... with_MinGW

When I create an 'empty' wxWidgets project in codeblocks and I try to build it, I get an error with the Build Message:

||=== Build: Debug in HomebrewGUI (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
Files\||No such file or directory|
\(x86\)\wxWidgets-3.0.3\include||No such file or directory|
Files\||No such file or directory|
\(x86\)\wxWidgets-3.0.3\lib\gcc_lib\mswud||No such file or directory|
||preprocessing failed.|
||=== Build failed: 5 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

However, I don't even know the files that are missing because it is not writen above. The folders wxWidgets-3.0.3\include and wxWidgets-3.0.3\lib\gcc_lib\mswud are there.

I know it is basic question, but I tried to find the answer in the forum but I coudn't.

tks.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Error Compiling wxWidgets

Post by PB »

The path in the compiler output is obviously wrong. What is the full path to wxWidgets directory? Did you by any chance install wxWidgets in a path containing spaces, e.g. "Program Files (x86)? This should be avoided to prevent issues like this.

I recommend reading the official documentation regarding building and using wxWidgets instead of a 3rd party wiki article (not saying it's wrong, I am not familiar with it). It can be found in WXWIN\docs\msw\install.txt.