C::B not compiling Project. Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
matthewflagg
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

C::B not compiling Project.

Post by matthewflagg »

I need some help getting wxwidgets to compiler on CodeBlocks.

I've followed every step to the following tutorial:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?ti ... _wxWidgets
Compiled with no errors..

I created a PATH variable pointing to the CodeBlocks MinGW folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

I created a NEW project with CodeBlocks using the following project setup:
https://youtu.be/QuPiZ86EFhQ
Now when I build it says: "Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date)"
When I try to Run the Project is says: "Target uses an invalid compiler; run aborted"

I have no idea at this point of what I'm missing I've followed and read up on multiple tutorials on setting up wxwidgets. I've never used CodeBlocks before I always use Visual Studio.

With that said I can setup wxWidgets to work with VS2015, however I don't know to use the wxFormBuilder with VS2015, Does anyone know how to get this to work?
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: C::B not compiling Project.

Post by PB »

matthewflagg wrote:With that said I can setup wxWidgets to work with VS2015, however I don't know to use the wxFormBuilder with VS2015, Does anyone know how to get this to work?
What exactly is the issue with wxFormBuilder and VS? AFAIK (= what I do), you just need (for convenience) to add the .fbp file(s) to your project and tell VS to always open the file with wxFB. Obviously, you also need to add the wxFB generated source files to the VS project, wxFB is not going to do that for you and I'm not aware of any integration of the two programs. But that's very simple and you usually do not do that often.
matthewflagg
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by matthewflagg »

@PB

I would be happy with running VS and wxFormBuilder, I use VS on all my other projects. Do you know of any step by step tutorials that show you how to add the .fbp file(s) to the VS project?

This would be very helpful for me. :D :D
New Pagodi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by New Pagodi »

matthewflagg wrote:I need some help getting wxwidgets to compiler on CodeBlocks.

I've followed every step to the following tutorial:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?ti ... _wxWidgets
Compiled with no errors..

I created a PATH variable pointing to the CodeBlocks MinGW folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

I created a NEW project with CodeBlocks using the following project setup:
https://youtu.be/QuPiZ86EFhQ
Now when I build it says: "Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date)"
When I try to Run the Project is says: "Target uses an invalid compiler; run aborted"

I have no idea at this point of what I'm missing I've followed and read up on multiple tutorials on setting up wxwidgets. I've never used CodeBlocks before I always use Visual Studio.

With that said I can setup wxWidgets to work with VS2015, however I don't know to use the wxFormBuilder with VS2015, Does anyone know how to get this to work?
It sounds like codeblocks didn't find the the mingw compiler automatically. If that's the case, you'll have to add the mingw compiler manually as described here.

Once that's done, it might be a good idea to see if you can build and run a simple console application before trying to build a wxWidgets application.

(Incidentally, you don't have to use mingw with codeblocks. If you already have visual c++ 2015 working with wxWidgets, you can use that compiler instead. You'll just have to add it to codeblocks as a custom compiler. The steps are similar to the ones given above for adding mingw to codeblocks.)