Problem with wxcr Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
drewwent
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Problem with wxcr

Post by drewwent »

I'm trying to compile OpenPhone (with Visual Studio 2012 Professional) an application based on ptlib and opal. It uses wxWidgets as a base it seems. I was previously getting the build error "Must have a WXDIR variable set to use WxWidget" so I downloaded wxwidgets-3.03 and created an environment variable that pointed to the location it was sitting in. This fixed my previous issue but now I'm getting the error "'wxcr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." when I try to build OpenPhone. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Will building and compiling wxWidgets fix this issue? Is there something I'm missing here? Any help would be appreciated.
doublemax

Re: Problem with wxcr

Post by doublemax »

Do you mean "wxrc"? This was a tool that came with wxWidgets until version 2.8.12. And searching for "OpenPhone" it seems that it's a little older and uses wxWidgets 2.8.12. https://sourceforge.net/p/opalvoip/mail ... /30695087/
Building "wxrc" is also mentioned on that page.
Use the source, Luke!
drewwent
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by drewwent »

Yeah wxrc, my bad. That makes sense, I was stumped before so this is at least a lead. You're the hero I needed.
drewwent
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by drewwent »

That web page fixed the issue I was having so thank you, onto the next unrelated bug.