wxSmith copy/paste sizer from one form to another?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

wxSmith copy/paste sizer from one form to another?

Post by Lowkus »

Using wxSmith (in Code::Blocks), how would you copy a sizer and all of its contents from one form and paste it in another form? I had hoped it would be as easy as selecting the sizer and then using CTRL+C, CTRL+V. Or using the file menu to Copy/Paste since apparently hotkeys are not functional. Unfortunately when I attempt to paste the sizer I get the error message "This item can contain only one sizer". I get this error message regardless of the target object I have selected on the destination form. If I copy and paste a sizer within the same form, I do not get this error message.
eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: wxSmith copy/paste sizer from one form to another?

Post by eranon »

I tried as you describe : copy of a sizer containing few controls from a wxDialog, then paste in a valid location of a separate wxFrame, and it works here. So, it should be something specific to your context...

EDIT: Or something changed since the version of C::B I'm using (I use a patched C::B svn 10895 of August 2016).
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
Lowkus
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: wxSmith copy/paste sizer from one form to another?

Post by Lowkus »

I'm using svn 11021. It's weird that something would work in an earlier version and then break in a later version.