Build 3.0.2 Stops building

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Blinkinhek
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Build 3.0.2 Stops building

Post by Blinkinhek »

I have been using r3.0.2 on Windows 10 since it was first released, without any problems, and with the same IDE (CodeBlocks r16.01). I suddenly started getting linker problems where (evven with old projects) I would get build messages referring to 'Duplicate Sections' (ooops - did not copy the actual message, sorry). I decided to rebuild wxWidgets, and it now fails:

Code: Select all

../../src/stc/scintilla/lexers/LexAda.cxx: In function 'bool IsWordStartCharacter(int)':
../../src/stc/scintilla/lexers/LexAda.cxx:529:20: error: 'isascii' was not declared in this scope
  return (isascii(ch) && isalpha(ch)) || ch == '_';
                    ^
makefile.gcc:6074: recipe for target 'gcc_mswud\wxscintilla_LexAda.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [gcc_mswud\wxscintilla_LexAda.o] Error 1
I am doing what I have always done - simply running the Codeblocks mingw make from the wxWidgets build folder:
D:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\build\msw using 'mingw32-make -fmakefile.gcc BUILD=release'

The first thing I did was clean off wxWidgets and re-Install, but no changes.
The only thing I can think of doing is installing an earlier version of CodeBlocks..... but I have been runing r16.01 since early last year.

Any thoughts/pointers would be gratefully received.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Re: Build 3.0.2 Stops building

Post by stahta01 »

Sounds like a compiler issue to me.
What is your Compiler information?

Tim S.
Blinkinhek
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Blinkinhek »

I am using GNU Make 3.82.90
I downloaded wxWidgets 3.1.0 ... and that built ok. It has to be something really really dumb that I haven't spotted.
Blinkinhek
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Blinkinhek »

I have given up on 3.0.2 and am using 3.1.0 ... however that requires the Codeblocks wxWidgets script to be manually edited to introduce the global options for a wxWidgets project (and here I introduced the additional mingw libraries identified by DoubleMax as being needed when using 3.1.0 .... thumbs up to DoubleMax)
katrat
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by katrat »

Hi,

I ran into the same problem, but I think the flag -std=gnu++11 would solve it:

mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=gnu++11" MONOLITHIC=1
hth,
stefan
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

katrat wrote:Hi,

I ran into the same problem, but I think the flag -std=gnu++11 would solve it:

mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=gnu++11" MONOLITHIC=1
hth,
stefan
That is one of the fixes for the Compiler errors (Using too new of version of GCC).

But, the error in the first post may need a patch to allow building with a newer GCC version.

Tim S.