VC++ 6.0 IDE Configuration (again)

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
BenMc
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

VC++ 6.0 IDE Configuration (again)

Post by BenMc »

Hi all

Would like to raise the question of Borland C++BuilderX compatibility with WxWindows again.

Have read the posting 'VC++ 6.0 IDE Configuration' on 8th Oct 04 on this forum, citing the original post about compatibility

<snip>
The original (still existant) graveyard:
http://wxwindows.org/borland01.htm

About the SF:
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/cgi-bin/ezml ... bcpfkmlhof
</snip>

I have searched the wxWindows site for Borland C++BuilderX info, and have searched the Borland C++ site for wxWindows info.
Nothing.
There seems to be almost no official info on the topic of Borland C++BuilderX/wxWindows compatibility.

So I know :
On September 16th 2003 it was proposed that 'Borland has adopted wxWidgets as the C++ framework for its forthcoming C++BuilderX product'.

I am new to GCC and haven't used a command line compiler for about fifteen years, but I have installed C++BuilderX under windows and have compiled wxWindows successfully using MinGW.
Don't have a problem with the IDE (running on a fast PC I guess), but am having trouble with setting up C++BuilderX include paths, etc
But rather than bore you with the gory details, can anyone tell me authoritatively :

(1) Does C++BuilderX support wxWindows (I assume straight compile/link support is still possible), and is there a FAQ to advise the correct project build settings to use with the wxWindows library.

(2) Is the feature that is no longer going to be supported an integrated wxWindows form based design environment (with event prodedures etc a la Visual Studio and others), presumably to now be supported through some other widget library.
Where can I find information telling me exactly where C++bx stands in regard to this ?

thanks

Ben McIntyre
Darwin, Australia
geon
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by geon »

I think Borland's object file format is different from Microsoft/Mingw. You might need to compile wx with Borland to use it with it.
BenMc
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Borland Tools

Post by BenMc »

Have selected the MinGW toolset in the build explorer (and deselected Borland compiler tools). I assume this means a build is the same as a command line build running gcc under MinGW ?

Surely there must be a FAQ for this ! Did Borland C++Bx not even make it over the starting line ?