VisualWX - anyone????

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
NinjaNL

VisualWX - anyone????

Post by NinjaNL »

Does anyone have any experience of VisualWx? It is available from http://visualwx.altervista.org/.

It looks promising, I downloaded an older version from http://visualwx.altervista.org/Visualwx_0-8.exe and used this with wxWidgets 2.4.2. It seems that it builds the libraries needed itself (of course I could be mistaken here, I am going on memory). The current version is supposed to work with 2.5.2, but I haven't looked at it too closely - read as: it bottled out and I couldn't be bothered to find out why - but it does look promising. The support leaves a lot to be desired, but given what it seems capable of doing, it looks promising.
geon
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by geon »

Looks great.

I could find no information about the lisence, though. Is it supposed to be freeware?
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: VisualWX - anyone????

Post by gururamnath »

NinjaNL wrote:Does anyone have any experience of VisualWx?
VisualWx has an amazing visual designer and Code generator for a handful of langauges. The main problem with it is screwed up editor feature and clustered UI. Before starting my work with wx-devcpp, I tried VisualWx and offered my help to work on the project. Unfortunately this project is a closed source and I was not able to get my hand in the source code; Eventually I started working on the wx-devcpp, and I'm happy that I can able to fix things that I felt as missing from a decent wx form designer.

-Guru Kathiresan