Compile Release=Ok / Debug=Fail

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
kyle2015
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Compile Release=Ok / Debug=Fail

Post by kyle2015 »

I am using Windows 7, Code::Blocks 13.12, MinGW 4.7, and wxWidgets 3.0.2.

I have successfully compiled and have been using a Release version of wxWidgets, but I have not been able to compile a Debug version. The command line that resulted in a successful Release build is as follows:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 USE_OPENGL=1 VENDOR=CodeBlocks CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport" >log.txt 2>&1

Later, I created a new directory and unzipped a fresh “as-received” copy of wxWidgets source files into the new directory and attempted to build a Debug version. The command line that fails to compile a Debug build is as follows:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=debug UNICODE=1 USE_OPENGL=1 VENDOR=CodeBlocks CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport" >log.txt 2>&1

The only difference in the command lines is the exchange of the word release for debug.

The last few lines of the Build Log are as follows:
../../src/common/wxcrt.cpp: In function 'int wxVsprintf(wchar_t*, const wxString&, va_list)':
../../src/common/wxcrt.cpp:663:56: error: invalid conversion from 'const wchar_t*' to 'size_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
../../src/common/wxcrt.cpp:663:56: error: cannot convert 'va_list {aka char*}' to 'const wchar_t*' for argument '3' to 'int vswprintf(wchar_t*, size_t, const wchar_t*, char*)'
../../src/common/wxcrt.cpp:673:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
mingw32-make: *** [gcc_mswuddll\monodll_wxcrt.o] Error 1

I also captured a Screen Shot of the actual command line statement if that is useful to anyone, and I also have the entire Build Log if more information is needed. Why do you think the Release will build and the Debug will not build?