Linking Libs multilibs in wxWidgets 3.0 Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Linking Libs multilibs in wxWidgets 3.0

Post by evstevemd »

I have been all the days using monolithic and I wan to use multilib now. I have compiled wxWidgets fine on Linux and each time I compile I get linking error that have to do with wxWebview. I do not know what to add to wxconfig to get rid of errors and so I need help

Code: Select all

Command
$(shell $(WX_TOOL) --debug=yes --libs std,aui, stc, webview, html --unicode=yes);-

Error
g++ -o ../Output/projectexe @"Application.txt" -L. -L../Output  -lhapi -lpelet  -L/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib -pthread   -Wl,-rpath,/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib -lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_stc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_webview-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.1 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.1 -lwx_baseu_net-3.1 -lwx_baseu-3.1  -ldl -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath, /home/stefano/Hosanna/Hosanna_IDE/Output
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `wxWebViewBackendDefault'
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `wxWebViewDefaultURLStr'
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `wxWebView::New(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, wxString const&, long, wxString const&)'
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `wxWebViewNameStr'
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `wxWebViewArchiveHandler::wxWebViewArchiveHandler(wxString const&)'
/home/stefano/svn/wxwidgets/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for wxWebView'
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
xaviou
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Linking Libs multilibs in wxWidgets 3.0

Post by xaviou »

Hi

It seems that you want to link to the debug version of the libs (regarding the command line you're using), but the release libs are used (regarding the resulting linking command line).

Regards
Xav'
My wxWidgets stuff web page : X@v's wxStuff
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

but I have not build any release version!
am recompiling again using ./configure --disable-mediactrl --enable-stc --enable-webview --enable-debug

Also why is all other components (aui for example) not complaining about it?
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

If you are really trying to use wxWidgets 3.0 add the version you want; its doing 3.1 from the code you posted.

So, add the version you want with "--version=3.0" you might wish to try a "--list" to see what versions are listed.

wx-config --version=3.0
Tim S.
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

Hi Tim,
stahta01 wrote:If you are really trying to use wxWidgets 3.0 add the version you want; its doing 3.1 from the code you posted.

So, add the version you want with "--version=3.0" you might wish to try a "--list" to see what versions are listed.

wx-config --version=3.0
Tim S.
I forgot to point out that I use SVN version (wx3 series) so its natural that its labeled that way.
Sorry for misleading.
The Monolithic build works fine!
eranif

Post by eranif »

Did you try changing the order of linking?

Try placing html before webview (as the link error comes from the html.so and not from your application):

$(shell $(WX_TOOL) --debug=yes --libs std,aui, stc, html,webview --unicode=yes);
Eran
IDE: CodeLite + wxCrafter
https://wxcrafter.codelite.org
https://codelite.org
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

this error is still a big pain for me. Ayone with idea what is happening?
Am force to use Monolithic even if I don't want to :oops: