x64 - linker errors

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
rchard
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

x64 - linker errors

Post by rchard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello Forum,

I'm trying to compile a simple wxWidgets 3.0 x64 app with VS2010 express (SDK 7.1 in place for 64bit compiler), windows 7. I ran the nmake as per the install directions (nmake /f makefile.vc TARGET_CPU=x64) using the SDK's commandline build environment and set the library paths appropriately in VS (I think). The similar win32-procedure (nmake with 32bit VS-included command console) with the same app code and appropriate library paths works just fine.

Here's the linker errors when I try to compile x64:

1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_app.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_InitCommonControls referenced in function "public: virtual bool __cdecl wxApp::Initialize(int &,wchar_t * *)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_msw_spinbutt.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_CreateUpDownControl referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl wxSpinButton::Create(class wxWindow *,int,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &,long,class wxString const &)" ([email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@Z)
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_imaglist.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_ImageList_Create referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl wxImageList::Create(int,int,bool,int)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_ownerdrw.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_ImageList_Create
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_dragimag.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_ImageList_Create
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_imaglist.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_ImageList_Destroy referenced in function "public: virtual __cdecl wxImageList::~wxImageList(void)" ([email protected]@[email protected])
1>wxmsw30ud_core.lib(corelib_ownerdrw.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_ImageList_Destroy
and so on ... until
1>C:\Users\Tommy\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\wxWidgets_First\x64\Debug\wxWidgets_First.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 24 unresolved externals

Any ideas? I'll greatly appreciate the help.

Sarah Keys
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: x64 - linker errors

Post by Sarah Keys » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

It seems a problem with a library, I would say the comctl32.lib . Do you have it on your library path ?