Problem with DialogBlocks

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Coral Snake
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Problem with DialogBlocks

Post by Coral Snake »

I am having a serious problem with DialogBlocks that started with an attemt to build a wxWizard dialog. The GCC compiler under Mandrake Linux could not compile this so I tried a regular Hello World type test frame for a window. The application apprared to compile fine but NO WINDOW would show up. I tried this several times both with the version I PURCHASED {version 1.97 at the latest) and with the personal addition that comes with the WxWidgets Book which I also purchased. Both produced the same result of compiling without a window.

The compiler also sometimes produces this warning:

warning: unused variable 'itemFrame1'

Could this have something to do with the problem and if so what? So far it looks like I may have to pull both wxWidgets (currently using 5.1) and posibly the OS just like Windog (yeecch) to get this mess streightened out.

Here is another rather strange problem related to this. The "acme" sample app compiles and works just fine with window and all. Only my test windows fial with this unused variable warning and no window business.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

You may want to look at the chapter 2 and appendix B. DialogBlocks is less of an IDE and more of a RAD tool. It's just for quickly slapping together frames, wizards, and dialogs to be used in your application, not to build your full application.

Official DialogBlocks support is here btw, you may want to try posting on the mailing list:
http://www.anthemion.co.uk/dialogblocks/support.htm

Also, while you're over there, grab yourself the latest copy of DialogBlocks, it's up to 2.03 now.
ssigala
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Problem with DialogBlocks

Post by ssigala »

Coral Snake wrote:The application apprared to compile fine but NO WINDOW would show up.
This is a common problem that happens when you do not remember to add the main window ID to the application:

If you update to the latest DB version, a warning will be shown if the main window identifier has not been defined.
Sandro Sigala - Kynosoft, Brescia