how to specify wxWidgets version in CodeBlocks on Ubuntu

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
ehugh
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

how to specify wxWidgets version in CodeBlocks on Ubuntu

Post by ehugh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 am

My development environment is: Ubuntu 12.04+Codeblocks 12.11+wxWidgets 2.9.5. I create new wxwidget project, but even I specify wxwidget 2.9.x during project wizard, when I build the project, I still see it uses wxWidget 2.8, not wxWidget2.9.5.

I use wx-config --version on terminal, the output is correct:2.9.5. So I want to know why it still uses old version of wxWidget, not the newest one? And how can I config it to use the newest version of wxwidget 2.9.5?

Thanks

eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: how to specify wxWidgets version in CodeBlocks on Ubuntu

Post by eranon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I've installed CodeBlocks under MSW and OSX only, but I think the C::B's interface doesn't change under Linux. So, I think you just need to write down the path to your wxWidgets directory in the global variable called "wx" (without quotes). You can find the CodeBlocks's global variables in Settings -> Global variables". Of course, after that, you have to check that this variable is well used by your build options (see "Search directories").
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]

guzzi_jones
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by guzzi_jones » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 am

I am also wondering how to set wxwidgets to use 3.0.
Under build options I do see linker settings - `wx-config --libs`

DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am

Hi,
I am also wondering how to set wxwidgets to use 3.0
Step 0: Build or install a 3.0 wxGTK! The wx-config script only reports what is available; it doesn't somehow create particular builds.

Assuming you have done this, step 2 is to run:
wx-config --list
to see what builds are now available, and which is used by default. If you've just installed wx3, that should be the default.

If it isn't, the easiest way to make it so is to do:
sudo update-alternatives --config wx-config

There are various other answers to your question, depending on what you have done or want to do. If you want more information, I suggest you explain your situation better, probably in a separate thread.

Regards,

David