Building wxWidgets problem?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
dominover
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Building wxWidgets problem?

Post by dominover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 am

I've build wxWidgets several times now but I've run into a strange problem.
Usually I try to build a Debug and Release version. I'm using CodeBlocks with a MinGW compiler (C++).

I first build the debug version and when I went to build the release version I got the below error.
Again, I deleted everything and built the Release version first and when I went to build the debug version I get the same, what I suppose is an error below. It just ends the process. Here's all the output in the command screen.

I tried this on wxWidgets 2.8 and 2.9... Same issue.

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\wxWidgets\build\msw>mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc Unicode=1 Monolithic=1 Shared=0 Build=Debug
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx   ///AFTER THIS IT JUST GOES BACK TO THE PROMPT?

C:\wxWidgets\build\msw>

Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: Building wxWidgets problem?

Post by Manolo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 am

You don't need to delete a debug build before doing a release build. Both can live together with no issues. If you compile wx the way you can read at mywxdir\docs\msw\install.txt, that's all you need.

If instead of using a "command window" you compile wx from CodeBlocks, it's a lot of work: create a project, add many files, add libraries, configure the build and much much more.

I remember to you to set your PATH enviroment to mingw\bin dir.

A video:
http://wxwidgets.info/wxwidgets28_and_c ... deo_win-2/