Error on linking: duplicate section... ObjectEventFunctor

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
pkuriakose
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Error on linking: duplicate section... ObjectEventFunctor

Post by pkuriakose »

Hello kind people,

Have any of you seen this. I am getting between 20 and 199 of these errors in both 2.9.1 and 2.9.2. I would be most grateful for the help.

*** c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: C:/wxWidgets-2.9.2/lib/gcc_lib/libwxbase29ud.a(baselib_utilscmn.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

Thanks,

Paul
Radek
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Error on linking: duplicate section... ObjectEventFuncto

Post by Radek »

I am not running neither mingw nor windows but ... similar errors are often a result of more than one version of the same tool (for example, wxWidgets) on the linker path. I recommend checking your bag of linker errors on the library folders (up to the "warning"). Check whether you aren't linking more than one version of wxWidgets. All libraries (the ".a" files) should be from the same folder or from some subfolder of this folder - except standard libraries (they'll be ".lib" as usual). Check which folders the linker searches for libraries. Note that the linker will grab the first library it suits it so that the ordering of the folders on libpath matters sometimes.
pkuriakose
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Error on linking: duplicate section... ObjectEventFuncto

Post by pkuriakose »

Hi thanks for the suggestions. I recompiled wx just in case it was two def's of same class in 2 .a files. No .lib files in the link command. Created a blank project with just one window. No errors with 2.8.12, few warnings with 2.9.1, a metric ton of warnings with 2.9.2.