Static linkage using Eclipse Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
soMan
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Static linkage using Eclipse

Post by soMan »

Hi all! I'm searching for solution about the building program (just simple hello world with one empty frame) in Eclipse using static linkage. If a specify a path to libraries as *\gcc_dll the application will be succesfully build and work with some *.dll dependence-libraries in application folder. But if I specify a path to libraries as *\gcc_lib I'm getting many errors like "undefined reference...".
Some info:
IDE: Eclipse 3.7
Compiler: MinGW g++
wxWidgets version: 2.9.2
wxWidgets was built in 4 configs: dynamic and static libraries with release and debug versions. Non-monolithic and unicode supported. Also you can get Eclipse Project Settings (as screenshots archive) from here.
build.cfg contents from lib\gcc_lib\mswud you can get here.
See building log at here.
briceandre
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Re: Static linkage using Eclipse

Post by briceandre »

I suppose you configured Eclipse to define some preprocessor values (like __WXDEBUG__, __WXMSW__, etc.). If it works for dynamic linkage, you probably defined something like WXUSINGDLL. If yes, you should try to remove it and rebuild everything.