Linker problems: wxWidgets 2.9.0 with VS 2010 Professional Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
forrestcupp
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Linker problems: wxWidgets 2.9.0 with VS 2010 Professional

Post by forrestcupp »

I compiled 2.9.0 with VS 2010. When I set up a project according to the wiki, it gives me this linker error, and I can't figure out why.

Code: Select all

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wxmsw29ud_core.lib wxbase29ud.lib wxtiffd.lib wxjpegd.lib wxpngd.lib wxzlibd.lib wxregexd.lib wxexpatd.lib winmm.lib comctl32.lib rpcrt4.lib wsock32.lib odbc32.lib'
I have the right library directory included in the project properties, so I don't really know why it's giving me this error. Also, I did make sure that those files were in the right directory.

Does anyone have any ideas?
forrestcupp
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by forrestcupp »

I don't have time to verify this, but I think the problem is that in VS 2010, you have to put each additional dependency for the linker input on its own line. In the past, we could put them all on one line separated by a semicolon. I think it was viewing that whole thing as one file instead of a bunch of different libs.

I still have yet to verify this, but that's what it looks like.
forrestcupp
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by forrestcupp »

I verified what I said in post #2, and that was the problem. I guess we just have to get used to all of the differences in 2010.
ReymonARG
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by ReymonARG »

Yes. like you said.

my.lib;another.lib;user32.lib;blabla.lib
forrestcupp
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by forrestcupp »

ReymonARG wrote:Yes. like you said.

my.lib;another.lib;user32.lib;blabla.lib
Right. I did that in 2010 and it didn't work. I had to put each one on its own line to get it to work.