R6034 with WXUSINGDLL Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

R6034 with WXUSINGDLL

Post by mael15 »

hi everybody!

i am writing a wxWidgets dll and to compile it, i have to use the preprocessor symbol WXUSINGDLL to get rid of a "LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const * const wxEmptyString"" error.

now when i try to use this dll for testing with the wxWidgets grid sample, i get this:

Debug Error!
Programm: ...
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load visual C++ dlls. you need to modify your application to build with a manifest. for more information, see the "visual c++ libraries as shared side-by-side assemblies" topic in the product documentation.

what is wrong here?
thanx!
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by mael15 »

and one thing is a mystery to me: i have two wxWidgets dlls, one compiles without WXUSINGDLL and the other doesn´t. how can that be? i thought i could avoid the r6034 by making every dll compile without WXUSINGDLL.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by mael15 »

ok problem solved, although i am not sure why.

one of the two dlls was linking into the $(WXWIN)/lib/vc_lib and the other into $(WXWIN)/lib/vc_dll.
same difference with the $(WXADDITIONS)/lib/vc_lib folder.
changing both to link into the lib folder solved the problem.

i had overlooked this small but important difference many times.

now, also the R6034 manifest error is solved, finally....