Linking error while building application for WinCE Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
timsin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Linking error while building application for WinCE

Post by timsin »

I'm relatively new to wxWidgets and its API and I'm in the process of developing a little application for Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4) using VC8. I followed the steps provided in the installation package to build wxWidget and wxWinCE, but I'm getting the following linking error when building it:

1>wxmsw28d_core.lib(gdicmn.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'ARM'

Seems like I'm missing some sort of option while building wxWidget but I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

Appreciate your help.
!here&!there
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by !here&!there »

timsin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by timsin »

I followed these steps and the result is the same. Any clues?
!here&!there
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by !here&!there »

From the error you are getting, it seems that you are linking to the wrong version of wxWidgets libraries. Try the following:

Under:
------
Configuration Properties->Linker->Input:Additional Dependencies
remove everything and put :

coredll.lib wxwince28d.lib wxjpegd.lib wxpngd.lib wxzlibd.lib wxexpatd.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib commctrl.lib winsock.lib wininet.lib

and under:
----------
Configuration Properties->Linker->General:Additional Library Directories
remove everything and put:

"C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\Lib\Armv4";"C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\evc_armv4_lib"
timsin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by timsin »

wxwince28d.lib doesn't exist on my machine. I supposed it is a file generated when everything is compiled correctly.

I have a lib file for each of the 6 wxwince components (gl, mono, expate, jpeg, png and zlib), but not wxwince.
!here&!there
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by !here&!there »

Can you post screenshots of what you have under :
Configuration Properties->Linker->Input
and
Configuration Properties->Linker->General
timsin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by timsin »

I managed to make my project linked thru a complete wxWidgets rebuild and changing some project properties.

But now I have a new error when deploying my test application to Windows CE for testing. Please see my latest post under platform related issues.