ANSI Compilation Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
miclus
Can't get richer than this

ANSI Compilation

Post by miclus »

I'm trying to get this program that uses wxWidgets to work in Windows 98 and XP. Someone got it working for me using mingw32, but I'm wondering how using Visual Studio 2005. What I did was first take wxWidgets and do Release build. Then, I did a Release build of my program. The program works ok in 98 as long as I throw this MSVCR80.DLL in there that I found online. But, it crashes on XP. Any ideas?
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

You need to give us more info, like what error it thows? did it compile on xp without any problems? Cant you make a debug build so you can see where it crashes? Or at least have your program post messages to the user so you can know exactly where on the code the program crashed.
miclus

Post by miclus »

Hi. Here is how it works I found. It works in XP if I include the manifest file in the directory of the program. It works in 98 if I incluce MSVCR80.dll in the directory of the program.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get rid of the need of any of those "extra" files?
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

On 98 you need to find out what are the folders that windows searches for dll's and paste it on one of those folders. And on XP i can't really help you cause I don't have this kind of trouble but you should check on the project properties perhaps you can find something there.