Code Completion with Xcode 3.0

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Post Reply
riky85
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Code Completion with Xcode 3.0

Post by riky85 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi, i don't know how can i have code completion with wxwidgets class in Xcode. Please help me

protocol
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by protocol » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Check the preferences and enable the "Code Sense" for all projects.
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!

streamer
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by streamer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:05 am

protocol wrote:Check the preferences and enable the "Code Sense" for all projects.
Sorry to dig out this one from the past but I have Xcode 3.1 all up and running and working well except Code completion. I have it set to index and turned on but zippity.

Does it take time to index?

protocol
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by protocol » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 am

You may have to build your proj first. I have the latest Xcode as well, and all my wxProj code complete as desired.

If it doesn't work then, recheck your preferences. If it doesn't seem to work after that, then best of luck fixing it.
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!

streamer
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by streamer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 pm

protocol wrote:You may have to build your proj first. I have the latest Xcode as well, and all my wxProj code complete as desired.

If it doesn't work then, recheck your preferences. If it doesn't seem to work after that, then best of luck fixing it.
Thanks. I'll play with it later. Just out of curosity, I had a wxStaticText with a name of txt1, so the code completion should attempt to give me the methods when I've typed txt1-> etc. or is it just for my own classes?

Cheers, Richard

Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:23 am
Contact:

Post by Auria » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

As a quick hack, you can just try adding wx headers to your project; this is harmless since headers are never built, but Xcode will parse them for symbols
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows

protocol
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by protocol » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 am

streamer wrote:
protocol wrote:You may have to build your proj first. I have the latest Xcode as well, and all my wxProj code complete as desired.

If it doesn't work then, recheck your preferences. If it doesn't seem to work after that, then best of luck fixing it.
Thanks. I'll play with it later. Just out of curosity, I had a wxStaticText with a name of txt1, so the code completion should attempt to give me the methods when I've typed txt1-> etc. or is it just for my own classes?

Cheers, Richard
No. Code complete will only complete the code as you type the attributes of a class.
txt1->SetL[abel] will be suggested.

Xcode does not popup a list after you type `txt1->`.

You can also try pressing ESC at anytime, it should show you a list of symbols.
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!

Post Reply