MinGW Vista native Look&Feel Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Ankou
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

MinGW Vista native Look&Feel

Post by Ankou » Sun May 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi,
I just migrated my VC++ Project to MinGW and recognized, that I've lost lots of Vistas native Look&Feel.
When I compile it with VC++ everything looks like Vista, but when I use MinGW, most things look like the classic style, just some things look like Vista:

left: VC++, right: MinGW

But! When I compile the wxWidgets template project, everything works and looks fine.
Does anybody has an idea how to fix this?

max.t
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by max.t » Sun May 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Try to put hte line

Code: Select all

#include "wx/msw/wx.rc"
into the project's rc-file. This enables the native look and feel for XP and most likely for Vista, too (I can't check for Vista).

Deschamps
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Deschamps » Mon May 19, 2008 9:22 am

You could also use stand-alone .Manifest files for your apps. Besides, you can embed the manifest file in your executable compiling a custom .rc file (or adding those lines to the one you're using in your project).

Attached, there is a .zip file containing two sample files (generic.Manifest and generic.rc) related to that, using the code defined in the wx.rc file.

Regards.
Attachments
win-look.zip
(793 Bytes) Downloaded 231 times
Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted