wxSqlite3 on Visual Studio 2005 Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Lloyd
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

wxSqlite3 on Visual Studio 2005

Post by Lloyd » Wed May 14, 2008 10:10 am

Hi,
I was successful in compiling wxSqlite3 on windows 2000 and I was also successful in compiling the sample included with wxSqlite3 with a wxWidgets application.

In the wxSqlite3 distribution itself utelle stated that it is shipped with prebuilt sqlite3 librariries including the dlls. I am just curios to make my own sqlite3 dll which can be used with wxSqlite3.

I started this way...

Downloaded the sqlite3 amalgamation

Started a new empty win32 project in Visual Studio 2005 with DLL option as set.

Then compiled it.

Then copied it to my executable's path

I got the dll but it is not working , at program startup (wxSqlite3 sample with wxWidgets) itself I get the error ...

I am missing something or doing something wrong in making the DLL. Please give me some hints on making the DLL correctly. It will be useful for me to make other dll's as well.

Thank you,
Lloyd

utelle

Re: wxSqlite3 on Visual Studio 2005

Post by utelle » Wed May 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Lloyd wrote:... I am just curios to make my own sqlite3 dll which can be used with wxSqlite3.

I started this way...

Downloaded the sqlite3 amalgamation

Started a new empty win32 project in Visual Studio 2005 with DLL option as set.

Then compiled it.

Then copied it to my executable's path

I got the dll but it is not working , at program startup (wxSqlite3 sample with wxWidgets) itself I get the error ...

It would have been helpful to tell what error messages you saw.
Lloyd wrote:I am missing something or doing something wrong in making the DLL. Please give me some hints on making the DLL correctly.
If you did not add the file sqlite3.def to your VS 2005 project you get a DLL which does not export a single function. That would explain why the application complains when loading the DLL. Unfortunately the file sqlite3.def is not included in the amalgamation archive. You have to take it from the SQLite DLL distribution (or from the wxSQLite3 distribution).

If you use special wxSQLite3 features (like access to meta data or encryption) you have to make sure that the corresponding SQLite options are enabled when compiling SQLite.

Regards,

Ulrich

Lloyd
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Lloyd » Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am

If you did not add the file sqlite3.def to your VS 2005 project you get a DLL which does not export a single function.
yes Ulrich, this was the problem. Now I included it in my sqlite project and it works. Thank you very much...

Lloyd