Using contrib/stc with CodeBlocks Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
pbrown520
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Using contrib/stc with CodeBlocks

Post by pbrown520 »

All, I am working with the CodeBlocks IDE and I know that I have to compile a monolithic, unicode library to work with this IDE. However, I also want to use some of the contrib libs. Can someone tell me how to include these in the monolithic library? For example, I want to use both the contrib\stc and contrib\plot
libraries.

thanks
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

What platform?

I also don't understand why you say you need to build monolithic, I never heard that
pbrown520
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by pbrown520 »

As far as what platform, it's MSW.

Now as for the reason to build it monolithic, I've read documentation that that's what CodeBlocks requires. However, I'm pretty new to this and the stuff that I've read may be referring to using the CodeBlocks starter project, i.e. if you want to use CodeBlocks to set up the environment for you, that's what you need to do.

Here's a link to what I've read about setting up CodeBlocks to work with wxWidgets.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Co ... ocks_(MSW)
pbrown520
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by pbrown520 »

By the way, if you tell me that you can set up CodeBlocks with linked libraries on MSW, then I'll believe you, just that most of the stuff that I've read doesn't explain how to set it up that way.
Deschamps
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Deschamps »

Hello.

You don't need to build any wxMSW library for C::B itself. If you've downloaded the last released installer for this IDE, you'll find that it already includes a custom wxWidgets. That library is the only one that C::B needs to run properly. If I'm not wrong, you'll need to build that library only if you are compiling your own binary C::B version from their sources.

On the other hand, if you want to develop programs using the wxWidgets libraries, then you can download the sources and build your own libraries. You could also have different versions at the same time in the same machine (debug/release, static/dynamic, unicode/ansi, ...), so you could specify in your target build properties (the C::B projects), which of these libraries you want to use in each case.

Regards.
Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted
max.t
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by max.t »

Maybe a monolithic build ox wxWidgets is required for the wizard of Code::Blocks in order to prepare a new project using wxWidgets. But with the menu "Project" / "Build options" and there the tab "Linker settings" you can add additional libraries the linker will use for the selected target. Search paths for the linker and the comiler can be added in the tab "Search directories".
pbrown520
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by pbrown520 »

max, I think that this is the problem. I've managed to compile the stc lib and now I need to see if I can't conquer the necessary steps to set up the CodeBlocks IDE to recognize it.