XCode 3, wxWidgets 2.8.6 Link Issue

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
jdubchak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

XCode 3, wxWidgets 2.8.6 Link Issue

Post by jdubchak »

Hi,

I am attempting to compile/link a basic app under XCode 3 using a new Leopard Upgrade.

I've been successful at building both the release and debug versions of wxWidgets and can run the samples correctly as well.

Here is my compile, from a terminal.app:

Code: Select all

xcodebuild -configuration Debug
Here is my wx-config --cxxflags output:

-I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/mac-unicode-release-static-2.8 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXMAC__
Also, here is the wx-config --libs output:

-L/usr/local/lib   -framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework System -framework QuickTime  /usr/local/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a -framework WebKit -lwxregexu-2.8 -lwxtiff-2.8 -lwxjpeg-2.8 -lwxpng-2.8 -lz -lpthread -liconv
Here is the error I am receiving:

Undefined symbols:
  "wxTopLevelWindowMac::DoCentre(int)", referenced from:
      vtable for MyFramein htmlctrl.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
** BUILD FAILED **
I'm confused as to how to resolve the issue and very open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
John
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

are you able to build the same file by calling g++ directly on the terminal?
jdubchak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by jdubchak »

Auria wrote:are you able to build the same file by calling g++ directly on the terminal?
Yes, but I'm using an older makefile that has its heritage rooted in Linux and has such, the compile succeeds. However, its a terminal app and as such doesn't run properly since the UI appears "frozen" and I can't use the mouse or anything.

So, I am working backwards on how to get that to compile and run from the command line by comparing that command line to one of the samples.