where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Post Reply
zt_bioworker
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 am

where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by zt_bioworker » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:08 am

Now, I learn the codes of xstc. When I run the sample XSTC.exe, it needs wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll. I don't find it in any package of wxWidgets.

If or where can I find this dll file separately?

MoonKid
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by MoonKid » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:40 pm

zt_bioworker wrote:If or where can I find this dll file separately?
You need to build it yourself. There is now official binary package for wxWidgets.

Tell me about your system (OS, IDE, Compilter, etc) and we see how you can build it.

zt_bioworker
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 am

Post by zt_bioworker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:35 am

devcpp on win2000

MoonKid
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by MoonKid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:22 pm

zt_bioworker wrote:devcpp on win2000
Please read this to build wxWidgets
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?ti ... wsQuickRef

Agent
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 am

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by Agent » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 am

I have a very similar problem.

Firstly, I have to explain something. I decided to use Code::Blocks and wxWidgets instead of Borland C++ Builder. My OS is WinXP SP3. Code::Blocks itself works perfectly. Unfortunately, I compiled wxWidgets 2.8.12 many times but every time I had some errors when I tried to build and run my own program. (I know about options I should choose when I create a new wxWidgets project.) So I downloaded and compiled wxWidgets 2.6.4 yesterday. Fortunately, it works perfectly. I still don't understand why.

When I try to run an exe-file from "bin\Release" directory, the message appears that wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll wasn't found. So what should I do? I compiled wxWidgets 2.6.4 following these instructions.

Happy New Year!

User avatar
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 am
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Contact:

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by evstevemd » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:27 am

Agent wrote:I have a very similar problem.

Firstly, I have to explain something. I decided to use Code::Blocks and wxWidgets instead of Borland C++ Builder. My OS is WinXP SP3. Code::Blocks itself works perfectly. Unfortunately, I compiled wxWidgets 2.8.12 many times but every time I had some errors when I tried to build and run my own program. (I know about options I should choose when I create a new wxWidgets project.) So I downloaded and compiled wxWidgets 2.6.4 yesterday. Fortunately, it works perfectly. I still don't understand why.

When I try to run an exe-file from "bin\Release" directory, the message appears that wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll wasn't found. So what should I do? I compiled wxWidgets 2.6.4 following these instructions.

Happy New Year!
You "progress" backward right?
Why on earth go for 2.6? Compile wx28 (I recommend 29 unless there is a reason).
Check in wx/lib directory

BTW you could do simple explorer search for *.dll in wx directory :)
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
[Ubuntu 19.04/Windows 10 Pro/MacOS 10.13 - GCC/MinGW/Clang, CodeLite IDE]

Agent
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 am

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by Agent » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:35 am

You "progress" backward right?
Why on earth go for 2.6? Compile wx28
Well, I've already told that I have some errors when I used wx2.8. I couldn't fix that. That's why I decided to use wx2.6. I wasn't sure in success. But it works.
BTW you could do simple explorer search for *.dll in wx directory
Yes, and I have already done that. There is no wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll on my PC.

Agent
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 am

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by Agent » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm

I've just compiled 2.9. There are no errors while I am working in Code::Blocks but I still can't run exe-file from bin\Release.

Agent
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 am

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by Agent » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 pm

I did it!

I compiled wx2.9 again but now I chose "SHARED=0". It works! So I can run my exe-file from "\bin\Release"!

User avatar
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 am
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Contact:

Re: where can I find wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll?

Post by evstevemd » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am

Agent wrote:I did it!

I compiled wx2.9 again but now I chose "SHARED=0". It works! So I can run my exe-file from "\bin\Release"!
It works because you do static linking. You will be happy until you need dynamic linking. Then you will have this "problem"
Quickfix eeh?
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
[Ubuntu 19.04/Windows 10 Pro/MacOS 10.13 - GCC/MinGW/Clang, CodeLite IDE]

Post Reply