C++ Builder ILINK Problem

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
DLF
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

C++ Builder ILINK Problem

Post by DLF »

I am getting the error report below when I try to compile my application using C++ Builder X.

brcc32 -fo"C:\Documents and Settings\fou300628\cbproject\Signal_System_1\windows\Debug_Build\SigSys.res" -IC:\CBuilderX\include -IC:\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\mswd -IC:\CBuilderX\WX\include -IC:\CBuilderX\WX\include\wx\msw SigSys.rc
Borland Resource Compiler Version 5.40

Copyright (c) 1990, 1999 Inprise Corporation. All rights reserved.

bcc32 -D_DEBUG -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -g100 -j25 -tWR -Od -r- -k -y -v -vi- -tWM -tW -c -IC:\CBuilderX\include;C:\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\mswd;C:\CBuilderX\WX\include;C:\CBuilderX\WX\include\wx\msw -n"C:\Documents and Settings\fou300628\cbproject\Signal_System_1\windows\Debug_Build" SS_Frame.cpp SS_LayoutMap.cpp SS_Main.cpp
Borland C++ 5.6.4 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2002 Borland
SS_Frame.cpp:
SS_LayoutMap.cpp:
SS_Main.cpp:
ilink32 -D -aa -Tpe -x -Gn -v -LC:\CBuilderX\lib;C:\CBuilderX\lib\psdk;C:\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib;C:\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\mswd -E10 -w -r c0w32.obj windows\Debug_Build\SS_Frame.obj windows\Debug_Build\SS_LayoutMap.obj windows\Debug_Build\SS_Main.obj,"C:\Documents and Settings\fou300628\cbproject\Signal_System_1\windows\Debug_Build\Signal System 1.exe",,import32.lib cw32mti.lib cw32.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxbase28d.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxbase28d_net.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxbase28d_xml.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxexpatd.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxjpegd.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_adv.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_aui.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_core.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_html.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_media.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_richtext.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxmsw28d_xrc.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxpngd.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxregexd.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxtiffd.lib ..\..\..\..\CBuilderX\WX\lib\bcc_lib\wxzlibd.lib,,windows\Debug_Build\SigSys.res
ILINK32 exited with error code: -1073741819
Build cancelled due to errors

I believe I have all flags and include set up right. The error code is C0000005. The drawing sample builds correctly. I played the commenting game and found where the problem is located:

void LayoutMap::OnPaint( wxPaintEvent & WXUNUSED ( event ) )
{
// Create the device context to use to repaint the window.
wxPaintDC dc ( this );

// Prepare the device context for drawing a scrolled image by
// setting the device origin according to the current scroll
// position.
/* DoPrepareDC( dc );

// Draw the reference grid in the window
DrawGrid ( dc ); */

// Return to event handler
return;
}

If I comment out the wxPaintDC line the problem goes away.
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: C++ Builder ILINK Problem

Post by gururamnath »

You can try the prebuilt wx library from http://codepaks.sf.net and see if are able to make this work.

-Guru Kathiresan
wxWidgets Form Designer for Delphi and C++ Builder - http://www.twinforms.com

Code snippets for wxWidgets - http://wxsnippets.com
rafaelbfs
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

I have an Ilink problem too with CodeGear C++ Builder 2007

Post by rafaelbfs »

I have installed this library for the RAD studio but it didn't work. When I built the project, using the wx template, the following error appeared:
[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WXMSW28D.LIB'

What is the purpose of this file in "aditional options"?