DEAD IN THE WATER

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
AWhit
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

DEAD IN THE WATER

Post by AWhit »

All of a sudden I cannot get my project to compile.

This is a project that I have been working on for 6 months. It has 2 parts, one on a PC which I developed in wxWidgets and an embedded part which I developed on an Atmel risc processor using AVR Studio, an IDE very similar to wxWidgets. The 2 halves communicate using an RS-232 serial link.

I haven't worked on the Widgets part for about 2 weeks. Today I attempted to make a small change and what I got was the compiler error:
In the File window: C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\Projects\TimerConsole\Makefile.win
In the Message window: [Resource Error] les\Dev-Cpp\Bin\windres.exe: no resources
[Build Error] exe:***[Objects/MingW/Timer_Console_private.res] Error 1

I am absolutely dead on this project because it deleted the last executable and none of my backups have a couple of critical changes.

I downloaded an entirely new IDE onto a computer which was recently completely rebuilt and I get the same error on absolutely everything. I can't even build a basic frame with nothing in it. I had this same problem on this machine, but got Widgets working on a laptop, so that is the one I have been using. Now everything is locked up.

Help would be more than appreciated.

Awhit