Missing modules in wxWidgets 2.5.4 (MSW)

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Dudon
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Missing modules in wxWidgets 2.5.4 (MSW)

Post by Dudon »

I have compiled wxWidgets 2.5.4 with VC++ 6 (in office) and GCC 3.4.2 (at home). The GCC 3.4.2 is the one bundled with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2. Both compilation using the corresponding makefile results in no error.

Compiling+building my project with VC++ 6 is OK, but while compiling+building my project in Dev-C++ with GCC 3.4.2, it complaints about missing references to: wxSystemOptions::HasOption, wxSystemOptions::GetOptionInt, wxClientDataContainer constructor and destructor, `wxClientDataContainer::DoSetClientObject and `wxClientDataContainer::DoGetClientObject. I included all libraries, but still get the missing reference errors.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
ABX
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: Missing modules in wxWidgets 2.5.4 (MSW)

Post by ABX »

Dudon wrote:my project in Dev-C++ with GCC 3.4.2, it complaints about missing references to: wxSystemOptions::HasOption, wxSystemOptions::GetOptionInt, wxClientDataContainer constructor and destructor, `wxClientDataContainer::DoSetClientObject and `wxClientDataContainer::DoGetClientObject. I included all libraries, but still get the missing reference errors.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hmm... I do not know Dev-C++ but could it be that earlier you used it for earlier version build? Perhaps in settings there is still some path to setup.h which doesn't cover some of the mentioned setting. But I just blindly guessing.

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
Dudon
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Missing modules in wxWidgets 2.5.4 (MSW)

Post by Dudon »

ABX wrote:. . . could it be that earlier you used it for earlier version build? Perhaps in settings there is still some path to setup.h . . .
ABX
No, I have just built a new computer at home :D. So everything is a fresh installation. BTW, I get also the worst result (more unreference modules) with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 and wxWidgets 2.5.3. I have also tried with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1 with both wxWidgets 2.5.3 and 2.5.4, similar result.

For wxWidgets building I used makefile (not configure). Maybe I have to check the generated libraries (the .a files). Does anybody knows how to check the contents of the library generated by GCC/MinGW?
Dudon
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Finally there is a solution . . .

Post by Dudon »

It seems that the problem occurs only with multilib build. Rebuilding the library using monolithic build seems to solve the unreferenced modules errors during linking process.