Brand New to wxWidgets, how to compile?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Digitronic
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Brand New to wxWidgets, how to compile?

Post by Digitronic »

Hi, I'm brand new to using wxWidgets for WinXP Pro. I downloaded and ran setup.exe for version 2.4.2

I have two differerent C++ compilers available to me:

1. MS VC++ ver 4.0
2. Bloodshed Dev-C++ ver 4.9.8.0

I need help making sense of the compiling instructions. Anyone that has used any of the above compilers, please respond. If you would, please outline the steps you took to compile.

I downloaded install.txt from the wxWidgets documentation, but, it is little help.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help to a new user.
clhome
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Brand New to wxWidgets, how to compile?

Post by clhome »

Digitronic wrote:Hi, I'm brand new to using wxWidgets for WinXP Pro. I downloaded and ran setup.exe for version 2.4.2

I have two differerent C++ compilers available to me:

1. MS VC++ ver 4.0
2. Bloodshed Dev-C++ ver 4.9.8.0

I need help making sense of the compiling instructions. Anyone that has used any of the above compilers, please respond. If you would, please outline the steps you took to compile.

I downloaded install.txt from the wxWidgets documentation, but, it is little help.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help to a new user.
1.Download MinGW
2.Download MSYS
3.Install Those
4.Download wxWidgets 2.5.4 ( or other version )
5.Open MSYS on your desktop
%ps: $WXWIN = The path that you unzip wxWidget
type the following Command:

cd $WXWIN
mkdir build-debug
cd build-debug
../configure --with-msw --enable-debug --enable-debug_gdb --disable-shared
make
make install
cd samples/minimal
make
./minimal.exe

When you success run minimal.exe , you can set Dev-C++. I can set it but not suitable way so I can not tell you ( Maybe the elite can tell you the correct and suitable ways)