Stefan Csomor (?) - Mac critical sections/mutexes

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
acsMike
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Stefan Csomor (?) - Mac critical sections/mutexes

Post by acsMike » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi,
I am designing a very high performance DSP app for Mac which need to process small chunks of data in real time, about every 2-4 ms. The program does not like being interrupted. For each slice of data processing, I use wxCriticalSection to protect certain data.

Browsing through the src\mac\carbon\thread.cpp source I notice some reference to MPServices being the mechanism for critical sections and mutexes. I have no idea what the impact of this on a high performance app is.
:oops:

As it seems now, I am suffering from unexplainable idle time. I DONT know if this is because wxCriticalSection is inefficient in wxMAC or I simply don't do things right.

Is wxCriticalSection / wxMutex implemented optimally for OSX?

Thanks!
/Michael
Last edited by acsMike on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Michael Ljunggren, developer
Peavey Electronics

Windows: 2.6.3, 2.8.9 (VS2005) ** Mac: 2.6.3 (XCode 3) ** WinCE: 2.8.9 (VS2005), ** GTK: 2.8.9 (Kdevelop)

tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:17 am

It's "Stefan", and I don't think he frequents this board. You'll have better luck taking your question to the mailing lists.

acsMike
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by acsMike » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 am

tierra wrote:It's "Stefan", and I don't think he frequents this board. You'll have better luck taking your question to the mailing lists.
Thanks.
/Michael Ljunggren, developer
Peavey Electronics

Windows: 2.6.3, 2.8.9 (VS2005) ** Mac: 2.6.3 (XCode 3) ** WinCE: 2.8.9 (VS2005), ** GTK: 2.8.9 (Kdevelop)