How to make static compile of wxWidgets work in codeblocks

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
xamidi
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: How to make static compile of wxWidgets work in codeblocks

Post by xamidi »

davalillocm wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:30 am
xamidi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:25 pm
doublemax wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:57 pm xamidi your insults both here and on github are unacceptable. Why don't you try Qt and leave us alone?
Huh, why would I change to Qt? Everything works fine for me using wxWidgets 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, as already explained.

There seems to be a major misconception that I asked for help for anything here, but I did not. All I did was offering some help in the form of binaries and a guide that is actually reliable, unlike all the other guides that I found out there.

But I was met with condescension and treated like I didn't know what I am doing. But I clearly do, this is why I got things working and crafted a quick and reliable method without the help of anybody else. For the behaviour that several people in this community show, they deserve nothing but the same condescending treatment that they offered.
What reliable method? To me it didn't work.
How did it not work, what happened?
Which one of the below guides did you follow?
  1. Static
  2. Dynamic
Maybe you used different software, like a different compiler or no Cygwin Terminal? Both guides have a Walkthrough section with precise steps. If not for the setup, you most likely missed some steps since I verified both guides to work on different machines for all versions from wxWidgets 3.1.0 up to 3.1.6.

My results for the currently best wxWidgets version, 3.1.3, I have also uploaded and linked towards in my post.

Edit: Cygwin tends to use the wrong compiler, but of course the GCC version added to PATH in step 1 should be used. I just noticed that in the Dynamic guide, it already said "5. Shut down Cygwin64 Terminal and open CMD, then execute commands: [...] mingw32-make [...]", but in the Static guide it still said to use Cygwin64 Terminal (which also works for me but is not reliable as it depends on your Cygwin installations). So I forgot to update the Static guide. Sorry about that. (Also note that the error for the Static guide is intentional, for a full build follow step 4 from the Dynamic guide.)