New pruning system!

Forum announcements are posted here. New cool features, scheduled backups and maintenance, you name it.
Jorg

New pruning system!

Post by Jorg »

Hi guys,

UpCase put his brilliancy to good use again and implemented a pruning mechanism for us on the forum.

After 2 weeks of not being marked as accepted, the author of the post will receive a PM listing all the posts that are not yet marked as accepted. After 4 weeks of not marking, these posts will be reset to normal status.

The pruning mechanism is only active for site admins, not moderators. Me (and UpCase) will probably run the mod once a week or so, and hopefully all open posts that are long lasting will eventually be closed or marked as solved.

So, I would like to ask, who already received a PM that their posts were still unsolved? This is for testing purposes only so we know it works..

Regards,
- Jorgen
Last edited by Jorg on Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
I'm flattered and start blushing.... :D

I just hope this works out the way it should, although all test I made were possitive.
Just a small sidenote about the PMs: You should only get one PM. If you already received a notification and read it, the next time the question pruning runs the status of the PM will be reset and its content will be updated with the latest info for you.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!

I guess I shouldn't have started blushing at all...
There was a bug in the script I confess, so that you could see PM entries in the inbox, but with zero content. This is fixed now, the forum has been re-pruned and the PMs now should have been updated. If you still have a PM where nothing happens when you click it -> Simply delete it.

Sorry for the error and any inconvenience it may have caused.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda