10000+ Posts!!!

Forum announcements are posted here. New cool features, scheduled backups and maintenance, you name it.
Ryan Norton
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by Ryan Norton »

GianT wrote:
Jorg wrote:That's about it .. nobody is expected to do much, but if we all do a bit it can make a difference. There is no designated forum for a person to watch, we all watch all forums Smile
Actually, if I become moderator, I will mostly do like upCASE, I mean giving people solutions to their problems. But for the moment, I don't think I know enough about wxWidgets to become moderator, since I won't be able to answer 9/10 of the posts...
As Jorg mentions answering questions by us is mostly a side-effect... its really more about keeping the forum sane (code tag stuff, cross-posting is like 90% of it).
[Mostly retired moderator, still check in to clean up some stuff]
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

Jorg wrote:- Monitor the wx-users list as well, and once in a while tell people not to x-post
I wouldn't of thought that to be a bad thing. If I did have a question, I'm still used to going to the mailing list first, and if I didn't get it answered there, I might jump to the forums (which actually hasn't happened once yet, probably being a good reason I still go to the mailing list first). But if I were to x-post, I would link the forum thread in my mailing list post, and I can't honestly see anything wrong with that.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

x-posting is OK, IF ou tell the forum / list you asked somewhere else as well. See, people go through efforts answering you. When you ignore one source and only go with the list or forum, that would not be kind towards the other party

It's the same a asking in the newsgroups, on multip forums, and mailinglists and getting one good answer, and abandoning the other ones.

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
cyrixware
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by cyrixware »

Ive learned a lot.. Thanks for All! :D

Regards,

cyrixware
GianT
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by GianT »

Hey, I've been sleeping out of programming in C++ for about one year, this post reminds me of my past on this forum. Well I'll tell that I'm pleased to having helped you if I did, and I think that everyone thinks like me if they helped you too :wink:
http://gary.zozo.free.fr

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid...Pourtant je br