Track E-Mail verfication not working.

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
thommy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by thommy »

Hello

The track E-Mail verification (https://trac.wxwidgets.org/verify_email) not working. It tried it with two e-mail addresses.
mimi89999
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Track E-Mail verfication not working.

Post by mimi89999 »

I have the same issue. I checked my serer logs and no connection was made when I clicked resend email.
plexar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by plexar »

Dear wxWidgets team,

as other users already mentioned, the e-mail verification system on trac.wxwidgets.org does not work currently.
I verified my account can receive e-mail and checked the spam folder, so I can be sure not having received the verification mail.

Screenshot
Screenshot
verify_email.png (74.99 KiB) Viewed 14784 times

Also tried "Resend Email" without success. So there is no way to register and verify new accounts currently.
Could one please check and fix the trac system.

Thanks in advance!

plexar
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

It seems to work for most people, but not for all. However, this is a user forum, we don't administer the bug tracker. Please try to post on the wx-users mailing list, where the core wx developers can see it.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en& ... m/wx-users
Use the source, Luke!
nickdev2000
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by nickdev2000 »

Just had the same issue with Trac and no emails coming through when trying to register a gmail address; And the situation with Trac is actually even worse than that as I already have an account with a non-gmail address but I cannot remember the user ID, and there seems to be no reminder feature for user ID. So I can't get access to the existing account with a non-gmail email, and I can't create a new account with a gmail address. Really quite hopeless and frustrating.