Add sort by OP post time option

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
sakurasanta86
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Add sort by OP post time option

Post by sakurasanta86 »

I tried to learn wx on this forum and but I could not sort the posts by the OP post time.
The wx has been published for long time, some person is replying to very old posts which means the origianl issue was addressed to very old wx version. Whish is not useful for new users.
thanks.
eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: Add sort by OP post time option

Post by eranon »

Hello, When someone replies to an old thread, it's often because the topic is back in the news or something... However, your demand sounds a bit weird for me : it's like if I asked to Google to place the most relevant link on top, rather than the one with the most advanced SEO effort (ie. time or money to invest). I guess Google would (not answer my request) reply me that I have to adapt myself to the world's context and not the reverse. Good study!
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add sort by OP post time option

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,
I tried to learn wx on this forum
This forum is a great resource for finding answers to specific problems, but it isn't designed for teaching wx from scratch. Instead I suggest you investigate wxWiki; and also examine, build and run some of the samples that come with the wx source; in particular start with 'minimal'.

Anyway, I don't think phpBB can do what you ask (though you are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong ;))

Regards,

David