Question to moderator Topic is solved

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi, Jorg,
I just went to the C++ Development forum. I cleared my own post, created a new one, and responded to another 3 posts that are not from me. I believe it's more than 5 min.

Still I only saw the "None" in the line "User browsing the forum". But shouldn't I at least see myself?

Thank you.

P.S.: Also, just wandering: is there a people, that using the XML Resource system on the forums? I couldn't get an answer for my 2 questions?
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

I'm sorry but I cannot find a bug, it works here, and UpCase did not touch any of that code. Like I said, people do not necessarily have to browse the forum at the same time as you do, and it is only updated at any refresh the board sends to you.

And for the XML resources, I guess you're right ;-) Cannot do much about that either ..

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Thank you for the reply, Jorg.
've been on site yesterday for quite some time, and found very interesting thing.
I was able to see myself after about 10-15 min after registration. If that how the site works I'm actually surprised to see anybody :)

When I go to the CodeGuru site, ro to the Gentoo site and go to the forum there, I could see myself almost immediately. But not here. Are they using different kind of software or maybe diferent algorythms? Maybe you need to look in there? :)

Thank you.
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
They use a different forum software. Rest assured that at least I'm able to "see" myself and others imidiately.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

IIRC theres a phpBB patch for this issue... cant remember clearly though,...