What happened to my questions and answers?

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
muman
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

What happened to my questions and answers?

Post by muman »

I just noticed that all the questions and answers I had posted over the last 2-3 months are completely missing?

Is there a reason for this?

Thank you,
Michael Uman
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What happened to my questions and answers?

Post by tierra »

There was a problem with the server, and we weren't able to recover it unfortunately, and the latest backup available was 2 months old :(

See: http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30352
bcteh
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by bcteh »

Is the forum design changed ? Now , the look and feel is not comfortable. :?

Regards
Teh
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

bcteh wrote:Is the forum design changed ? Now , the look and feel is not comfortable. :?
As with anything new, it's not "comfortable" yet, but I definitely feel like it's much more improved, and it really won't take long before everyone forgets about the old, clunky, constrained-by-tables design.

Anyway, it's new because we were forced to upgrade phpBB from 2 to 3 finally, and the old design (Morpheus) was never ported to version 3, so we're currently running the official default theme now and really had no choice to begin with. We should just continue to use this now since at least we know it supports all features of phpBB 3 (including the additional language packs that are now installed), and it will continue to be supported into the future.

Give it some time, you'll feel right at home again eventually.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

I'm personnally just fine with the theme, but I would perhaps make a request to change the icon set; at this time telling apart stickies from threads from threads with new posts is only a subtle color difference in the icon, I would prefer something more visible like in the old forum - apart from that it's all fine with me
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
Susan07
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Susan07 »

I don't know what happened to my questions..as when ever I try to post a new question it's automatically going for admin check..
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Hi Susan,
Susan07 wrote:I don't know what happened to my questions..as when ever I try to post a new question it's automatically going for admin check..
Yes. Until you've proved you're human (well, probably ;) ) by having a small number of posts accepted, all posts are queued for moderator perusal.

There are dozens of spambot-generated attempted posts every day. It's a major nuisance :(

Regards,

David
Wyrm
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Wyrm »

Susan07 wrote:I don't know what happened to my questions..as when ever I try to post a new question it's automatically going for admin check..
Not only that. Not only my own question topics disappear without any notification but private messaging to admins is also blocked. So they give the real users a FY and wonder why only bots are interested in this forum? :roll:

I mean, other forums have added small image recognition snippets that are trivial to us humans and hard to crack for bots. Welcome to the 21st century folks!
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Not only my own question topics disappear without any notification
Really? You (or at least this username) have made only two attempts at posting, both accepted.
but private messaging to admins is also blocked
The admin's email address is supplied.
I mean, other forums have added small image recognition snippets that are trivial to us humans and hard to crack for bots
Sadly, they no longer work. We were getting lots of spam.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

DavidHart wrote:
I mean, other forums have added small image recognition snippets that are trivial to us humans and hard to crack for bots
Sadly, they no longer work. We were getting lots of spam.
Also, the Q/A spam protection is really actually way easier for real humans to answer than trying to decipher some obscure image codes and repeating them back (besides being proven reduce bot spam posts by about 90% compared to image captchas).