Forums Upgrade - June 22, 2011

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forums Upgrade - June 22, 2011

Post by Auria »

tierra wrote:I have now converted over the old Accepted Answers to the new solved topic format for the new board. All old posts that were marked as solved before should now be marked as solved again.
thanks, good work

HOWEVER, I need to report that I only seem to see the "Accept" button in Chrome, not if Firefox :/
EDIT: nevermind, it was a cache clear away
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

I have now converted over the old Accepted Answers to the new solved topic format for the new board. All old posts that were marked as solved before should now be marked as solved again.
They are :) . However I notice that they are also marked as 'Locked'.

Is that a side-effect of the upgrade, or is it a new feature? IMO it would be a good thing for solved threads to auto-lock after a few weeks; that would prevent someone hijacking an ancient thread to ask a new question.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

DavidHart wrote:They are :) . However I notice that they are also marked as 'Locked'.

Is that a side-effect of the upgrade, or is it a new feature? IMO it would be a good thing for solved threads to auto-lock after a few weeks; that would prevent someone hijacking an ancient thread to ask a new question.
Ah, I was wondering why a whole bunch of topics were showing up as locked after the upgrade, now it all makes sense. This was bothering me for a while now.

upCASE's original MOD for marking topics as solved abused the "topic_status" column of topics, adding in a new status for solved rather than adding a new column (a mistake anyone could have made :)). phpBB2 would only lock a topic if that topic_status was "1", but phpBB3 for some reason now locks the topic if it's not "0" (they might just rely on topic_moved_id being non-null now to indicate if it moved). So the conversion scripts must have locked all of the solved topics because they weren't any of these status values (solved topics were 3).

I've unlocked them all again (just the solved topics that were locked, not anything else that was locked). If we want to do what you suggest in the future, we probably actually just want to lock all topics older than a few years or something.