Link to wx2.5.4 Docs

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Link to wx2.5.4 Docs

Post by Avi »

Hey Jorg,

I think you should update the forum link to wx2.5.3's docs into wx2.5.4's... ;)

-Avi
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Thanks for pointing it out, it has been fixed now!
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

Jorg wrote:Thanks for pointing it out, it has been fixed now!
Very quick! Thanks! :)
chris
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by chris »

And as a bit of a follow-up :wink: :

Are there plans to update the wxWidgets syntax parser to 2.5.4 so that the links like

Code: Select all

wxFrame
point to the 2.5.4 docs?
I guess the API changed a bit, but most tokens should be the same.
this->signature=NULL;
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

Heh, Jorg, you got to keep up with the releasing pace... we already had 2.5.5, and now it's 2.6.0. :D heh. Well, I'll be glad if you'll be able to update the link again (this time to http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.0/wx_contents.html :idea:), and also make sure you read chris's post and update the links in the parser too...
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

Now it's time for wx2.6.1 docs link... :) Oh, and maybe it is a good idea to drop the wx2.4.2 docs link, since the 2.6.x series is the new stable branch... :roll:
tiwag
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by tiwag »

Avi wrote:Oh, and maybe it is a good idea to drop the wx2.4.2 docs link, since the 2.6.x series is the new stable branch... :roll:
that's NOT a good idea - many projects are existing and working well with wx242, but have a lot of troubles with wx26?

it'll need some time until wx26 is THE REAL stable version and widely accepted and used almost exclusively.
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

tiwag wrote:that's NOT a good idea - many projects are existing and working well with wx242, but have a lot of troubles with wx26?

it'll need some time until wx26 is THE REAL stable version and widely accepted and used almost exclusively.
Well, wxWidgets had more than just a few development versions (2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.5.3, 2.5.4, 2.5.5)... It gave developers a lot of time to drop the usage of old deprecated APIs and adapt to the new ones... People in the wxForum will gladly give support to anyone wanting to update from 2.4.2 to 2.6.1 (which includes compilation/linking problems). The 2.6.x series is "the real" stable version at the moment. I would suggest removing the link to the wx2.4.2 docs and instead adding a link to the official wxWidgets webpage.
tiwag
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by tiwag »

Avi wrote:... I would suggest removing the link to the wx2.4.2 docs and instead adding a link to the official wxWidgets webpage.
sorry Avi, but you're too radical. obviously wx 2.6.2 is fine for you, but there may exist other individuals on this planet, for which it doesn't (me including).
Have you ever thought of the possibility, that someone has to maintain older projects, which were developed with wx2.4.2 and need sometimes a small correction or update, but it's not needed to upgrade completely to wx2.6.x ?

i don't want to discuss this further,
but i raise my hand for "keep the wx2.4.2 link", nothing else.

thanks guys
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

I just hope you're relizing I'm talking only about the link from the wxForum?! I think you misunderstood that point (I'm NOT talking about the links from the Documentation page on wxwidgets.org!). Anyone who needs 2.4.2's documentation just has to click Documentation in wxwidgets.org's left menu. :roll: I really don't think I'm being that "radical", since we are only talking about links from the wxForum...

Btw #1, you're not wanting to even discuss it (did I say something out of place?) makes me wonder why you commented in the first place?

Btw #2, you wrote 2.6.2 in your last reply... I think you meant 2.6.1? :)

Have a great day,
Avi :D
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Avi,

I do agree with you. It is more logical to keep the latest stable release and also a link to the latest docs. I see no need in keeping the wx2.4.2 on the forum, if people still require it, they can link this in their own bookmarks as well ;-)

Regards,
- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

Jorg wrote:Avi,

I do agree with you. It is more logical to keep the latest stable release and also a link to the latest docs. I see no need in keeping the wx2.4.2 on the forum, if people still require it, they can link this in their own bookmarks as well ;-)

Regards,
- Jorgen
Well, then how about updating the links? :D heh