Error "The submitted form was invalid"

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.
doublemax

Re: Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Post by doublemax »

Unfortunately this doesn't work every time or not at all for some people. I've tried pretty much anything that can be done on client site, if i get the "infinite login loop" problem, all i can do is wait.
Use the source, Luke!
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

I fixed it by clearing my browser cookies
But that failed for other posters, and for me. And anyway, the problem affects multiple browsers on multiple computers, so it can't be a simple cookies thing.

I find that the issue fixes itself if I wait for an hour or two.

PS: ironically, it happened to me now, trying to submit this post :/ And 40 minutes later all is well.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

As already wrote, clearing cookies fixes the log out issue but I still could not post after a new login.

Happened to me on July 6 again, but I found interesting that while I could not post it seemed a new post from another user appeared - but I just might have missed it.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

Another issue I have been noticing these past few days: Even when I mark all the posts read using Mark forums read link on the main page, the next visit the threads are still shown as unread.

No idea if it is related when this has started happening just recently.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

The same thing happened here yesterday evening and at 0630 UTC this morning. It had resolved by, iirc, about 0900 UTC.

While it was happening, the Information dialog was empty; now it again says 'Forums have been marked read'.
cutecode
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by cutecode »

damn!!! It's annoying.

You should do somthing with it!!!

I still have this error for monthes.

Thank you
wx 3.1.6 win/mac/linux

regards,
Alexander Saprykin
https://v2.dental-soft.ru
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

It could not work for me with Mozilla FF. I had to switch to Brave and all worked fine.
Dunno why!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

evstevemd wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:26 pm It could not work for me with Mozilla FF. I had to switch to Brave and all worked fine.
It'd be quite interesting if this is 100% reliable, or if it was just coincidence. All my tests so far said that the problem is not client-related in any way.
Use the source, Luke!
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

doublemax wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:45 pm
evstevemd wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:26 pm It could not work for me with Mozilla FF. I had to switch to Brave and all worked fine.
It'd be quite interesting if this is 100% reliable, or if it was just coincidence. All my tests so far said that the problem is not client-related in any way.
Brave blocks a lot of things under the hood. So when I saw the top post was solved by clearing browser I promptly switched to brave and it worked. Not sure what is the issue, but for long time now I could not post on the forum, so was just reading, until today!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
AmadeusK525
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by AmadeusK525 »

Huh, I use Brave and have had this issue for some months. Interestingly enough, when I had the blocker set to medium the problem still appeared, but setting every option to block aggressively made it go away, but maybe it was a coincidence.
TheGates
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by TheGates »

Clearing my cookies didn't work for me, but I had to turn off my vpn.
the problem is it didn't say "turn off your vpn" until recently.
Windows 10
Visual Studio (Visual C++)
jpo234
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by jpo234 »

Disabling http/3 in Firefox solved the issue for me.

Funny thing is, that after this the problem went away in Chrome, too, without any modified settings there. As a guess, something caches the IP address and behaves differently after the temporary switch to http/2.

I'll try from work tomorrow. That goes through a VPN and a corporate proxy, so a completely different network setup.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

I tried this this morning when i couldn't log in, but unfortunately it didn't make any difference.
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

I can confirm that disabling http/3 did NOT help.

The problem is intermittent, so sometimes when it goes away for a time, it may coincide with a user action, but it is really just a coincidence and it seems it is purely on the server side.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point that it's something server-side. We just can't figure out what it is still.

I have found that the most reliable way to quickly see if it's affecting you at any specific time is to repeatedly click the "Board index" link in the header (or the blocks logo). If you see the "sid=" parameter in your URL keeps changing with every page load, then it's broken, come back later. If it leaves the "sid=" out of the URL (like it is for me right now), then it's working properly.

I'm down to pretty much only one last drastic idea to possibly fix it, and that's by moving the forums to an entirely new/different server. This still wouldn't be any guarantee of fixing it, since it could still be some broken setting in the database, which would move over with it.