Page 2 of 2

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:03 pm
by zhouhao
Unfortunately no matter in debug or release. got the same problem for wxLog.

I've tried another machine which installed with vs 2005 pro version. wxLog problem is the same as the one in my machine.

I think definitely something is wrong in wxPack built binary.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:29 pm
by RJP Computing
Can I get a some source code or email me the project. That way I can test it as well.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:44 am
by zhouhao
I got the same wxLog problem in release version. I've also tested it in another machine running VS 2005 Pro and got the same error. That means there definitely some problem in wxPack or wxWidget 2.6.3-33. Since I tested the same testing program under wxWidgets 2.6.2 without any problem.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:54 pm
by RJP Computing
zhouhao wrote:I got the same wxLog problem in release version. I've also tested it in another machine running VS 2005 Pro and got the same error. That means there definitely some problem in wxPack or wxWidget 2.6.3-33. Since I tested the same testing program under wxWidgets 2.6.2 without any problem.
OK but I still need a copy of the project or a small example project that has the problem. You can email it to me <rjpcomputing[at]rjpcomputing.com>.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:34 pm
by zhouhao
RJP Computing wrote: OK but I still need a copy of the project or a small example project that has the problem. You can email it to me <rjpcomputing[at]rjpcomputing.com>.
I've sent you a email with my source code. Have you received it? It includes a project file of vs 2005. I think it's easily reproduced the problem.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks

ANN: wxPack v2.7.0.28 Released

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:14 pm
by RJP Computing
There is a new release of wxPack. It now includes wxWidgets v2.7.0. This is a big update. If you want to continue to use wxWidgets v2.6.3 do not install this version. It will uninstall the old version of wxPack during its install. Download now.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:01 am
by zhouhao
I've downloaded the latest wxPack (for wxWidgets 2.7). The wxLog problem is still there. So I build wxWidgets 2.7 by myself and run my test. Everything is fine. So there are definitely something wrong in wxPack build.

Here is my code:

Code: Select all


        FILE* fp = fopen("test.log","w+");
        if (fp )
        {
                wxLog::SetActiveTarget(new wxLogStderr(fp));
        }


And here is my error message:

testlog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall wxLog::DoLog(unsigned long,unsigned short const *,__int64)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])
testlog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall wxLogStderr::DoLogString(unsigned short const *,__int64)" ([email protected][email protected]@[email protected])

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:18 pm
by RJP Computing
zhouhao wrote:I've downloaded the latest wxPack (for wxWidgets 2.7). The wxLog problem is still there. So I build wxWidgets 2.7 by myself and run my test. Everything is fine. So there are definitely something wrong in wxPack build.
Can you tell me your build settings. I don't change much from the stock implimentation. That would helpful in figuring this out. All the other logging functions work for me. I even redirect to a TextCtrl. Just not to StdErr.

Thanks.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:03 pm
by zhouhao
I'm using MONOLITHIC,unicode,dll,release/debug build.