ReValver Mk II screenshot on vista beta 2

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
acsMike
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

ReValver Mk II screenshot on vista beta 2

Post by acsMike » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:06 pm

This screenshot was taken under Vista beta 2. It does not show that many cool Vista GUI aspects. In fact, installing the program and testing it under Vista was rather boring - it works right out of the box. :-) (ReValver Mk II was built on wxWidgets 2.6.3, Visual 2005, Windows XP).

ReValver Mk II is using a large number of custom controls which works fine. I also use a lot of semi transparent tooltips which also work fine. The new "File Dialog" is confusing to me, but it operates properly with no modifictions.

I have not yet tested the "Product activation" feature, which connects to the Internet via HTTP, but if it does not work, I will post a message here. I forsee no, or few, problems with apps built on wxWidgets 2.6.3 This is very good news to me :-) Thanks all wxWidgets developers!

Last edited by acsMike on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Michael Ljunggren, developer
Peavey Electronics

Windows: 2.6.3, 2.8.9 (VS2005) ** Mac: 2.6.3 (XCode 3) ** WinCE: 2.8.9 (VS2005), ** GTK: 2.8.9 (Kdevelop)

acsMike
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by acsMike » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:07 pm

As a footnote, my installation of Vista is running under Vmware Workstation 5.5...
/Michael Ljunggren, developer
Peavey Electronics

Windows: 2.6.3, 2.8.9 (VS2005) ** Mac: 2.6.3 (XCode 3) ** WinCE: 2.8.9 (VS2005), ** GTK: 2.8.9 (Kdevelop)

Jorg

Post by Jorg » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:37 pm

It looks very cool! Well done!

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb