wxQuickRun 0.60b Released.

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

wxQuickRun 0.60b Released.

Post by priyank_bolia »

wxQuickRun, the cross-platform wxWidgets based application launcher, somewhat similar in idea to pc-com or Bayden Systems - SlickRun has been released under GPL license. Its using wxWidgets as one of the component and is currently in alpha version for developers/wxCommunity. I need some fellow developers and testers to make it ready for public/users.
Last edited by priyank_bolia on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

version 0.40a released! Contacts functionality added.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

I was watching download.com and found pc-com for 10$.
Ahh! one more competitor to the list.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Just create a bit more features than what the competitor has and you should be safe ;-)

Nice app, I utilize FastCommand which is a dutch version, works pretty well too but is not as advances as your app I think

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

Your valuable suggestions are always welcome[:)]
I think I had given a concept for lot of features, the first thing to do is make the features fully working and tested and put in front of general public.
zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

Idea is good. But unfortunately it doesn't work. Only an icon shown in system tray.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

delete the .db file and retry? the main frame will be misplaced, you can go to the code and hardcore itself. Its still evolving.
jb_coder
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by jb_coder »

Thanks for this handy tool! I'm using the Notes functionality get passed my habit of having ~5 GVim windows open to take notes on. One issue that I found with notes is that using a wxString::Format() generated SQL statement causes issues if you have an apostrophe in the note. The change that I made locally to fix this is to change the lines

Code: Select all

wxString sqlCmd = wxString::Format(wxT("UPDATE notes SET note = '%s' WHERE ID = %d;"), m_pTextCtrlNote->GetValue().c_str(), wxAtoi(m_pComboBoxNoteID->GetValue()));
		wxSQLiteDB->ExecuteUpdate(sqlCmd);
to

Code: Select all

wxString sqlCmd = wxT("UPDATE notes SET note = ? WHERE ID = ?;");
    wxSQLite3Statement stmt = wxSQLiteDB->PrepareStatement(sqlCmd);
    stmt.Bind(1, m_pTextCtrlNote->GetValue());
    stmt.Bind(2, wxAtoi(m_pComboBoxNoteID->GetValue()));
    stmt.ExecuteUpdate();

Another (very minor) change that I made to my local copy was to have the arrow keys move the CCommandTextCtrl 5 points instead of 1 if the shift key was being held down. I use wxQuickRun at work with a dual-monitor configuration and it takes a very long time to get across the screen in 1 point increments. Is there another way to move the CCommandTextCtrl other than the "Move using keyboard" menu item?

One potential bug that I found is that since CQuickRunFrame::OnClose() always inserts into the settings table (rather than updating), there are multiple records in the database for the settings of PosX, PosY, Width, and Height. The CQuickRunFrame constructor iterates through all these records, and over time (years?) of using the program it will take longer to open the program as it goes through all of these records.

By the way, I also compiled it under Linux and generated a small bakefile if it would be helpful.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

Thanks for your suggestions. Your change for note has been applied to my local copy. The change request for "Move using keyboard" cannot be applied at this time. The issue of multiple records & initial positioning has already been fixed and ready for 0.5a release.
Stay tuned. :)
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Version 0.6b released

Post by priyank_bolia »

First public beta release (0.6b) released on 10th Oct, 2006.
See the features list at: http://priyank.in/wxQuickRun/features.php

Complete screen shots at: http://priyank.in/wxQuickRun/screenshots.php
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

I had tried to give some of the functionalities of Lexa Organizer and Advanced clipboard utility.