codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples

Post by ollydbg23 »

I'd like to share my github repo asmwarrior/cb_projects_for_wxWidgets: Code::Blocks projects for building wxWidgets sample code, which contains all the wx samples, and each sample has a Code::Blocks cbp file.

Currently, you can open each cbp files(all the whole samples.workspace containing all the cbp files) under Code::Blocks, and simple build them.

The repo is using a "global variable" named "WX_CONFIG", and it is currently tested with the "wx-config-msys2.exe" from eranif/wx-config-msys2: wx-config tool for MSYS2 based installation of wxWidgets using the mingw64 repository. With this tool, you don't event to build wx library, but just install the wx library through msys2's pacman. If you would like to use your own local build wx library, you have to use the tool "wx-config.exe".

The more detailed information are in the github page, and I hope this will help wx beginners and Code::Blocks users to test the wx samples in a fast and convenient way.

Some related discussion in Code::Blocks forums are here: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples

Comments are welcome!
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples

Post by ollydbg23 »

Some good news:

The cbp projects also works under the self build wx library.

For example, you local build wx library is in F:/code/wxWidgets-3.2.1, and you build command could be:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb

You need the "wx-config.exe" from https://github.com/eranif/wx-config-msys2

What I need to do is:

Open the C::B's Menu->Settings->Global variables

Change the wx_config's base value to something like:

Code: Select all

wx-config.exe --prefix=F:/code/wxWidgets-3.2.1 --wxcfg=gcc_dll/mswu
Then, you can build all those samples linking to you local build wx library.